skadoosh! ™
regsiter or log in ♥️ ,

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

skadoosh! ™
regsiter or log in ♥️ ,
skadoosh! ™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Statistics
We have 27 registered users
The newest registered user is witching

Our users have posted a total of 6200 messages in 186 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» jfk
Stuff about society that really bugs me. EmptySat 21 Sep 2013, 21:16 by witching

» my life as liz !
Stuff about society that really bugs me. EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 03:11 by phantasm

» WELL THIS IS CUTE
Stuff about society that really bugs me. EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 03:04 by phantasm

» oh woah. someone new?!
Stuff about society that really bugs me. EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010, 22:35 by xemily91

» SKADOOSH IS A YEAR OLD!
Stuff about society that really bugs me. EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 17:26 by kat ♥

» kokoro
Stuff about society that really bugs me. EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 17:08 by kat ♥

» HELP!!!!!!!!! SKADOOSH PLEASE! D;
Stuff about society that really bugs me. EmptyMon 10 May 2010, 16:47 by phantasm

» POST HERE FOR NAME CHANGE.
Stuff about society that really bugs me. EmptyFri 09 Apr 2010, 21:05 by phantasm

» finish the lyrics ._.
Stuff about society that really bugs me. EmptyWed 07 Apr 2010, 22:27 by phantasm

Stuff about society that really bugs me.

2 posters

Go down

Stuff about society that really bugs me. Empty Stuff about society that really bugs me.

Post by Chab Mon 03 Aug 2009, 19:35

This one is copy/pasted from my MySpace and is a few months old, but I think most of it still applies. I DID go through and change what I felt necessary to though, And I sound angry because I was kinda in "Foamy the squirrel" mode at the time of the original typing of it. =P

Okay, I am going to rant about EVERYTHING I can think of that pisses me off. As you're reading this, keep in mind that all of these are my personal opinions. Don't bash me for them. That brings me to my first topic:

FACTS & OPINIONS
These are two words summing up things that most people can't tell the difference between lately. By that, I mean that nowadays, you cannot have your own opinion without SOMEONE going in your face and telling you, "YOU'RE WRONG!" without even discussing it, because they believe they're right and any beliefs otherwise are absolutely absurd. For instance, just recently a classmate told me "I'll tell you right now, aliens don't exist." You can't be COMPLETELY sure without being full of yourself. Unless you've explored the infinite void of ever-expanding darkness we call space, you canNOT say for certain. Fact? Or Opinion? People CANNOT tell the difference. I feel it's pointless to share my views with most people because the vast majority of society is like this! If you mention your favorite sports team, food, music, movie, TV show, video game, etc, there will always be SOMEONE who believes that their opinion is better, and therefore, "correct". They get angry at you and continuously bash your views without even debating it with you. If it came to a debate, I wonder if they could. They'd probably just keep repeatedly saying "Nope, I'm just right!" They get so pissed and let their emotions get in the way of actually being tolerant of anyone else, and in some cases (politics and other conspiratorial topics), their emotions get in the way of looking up facts. People don't wanna hear the facts. They're comfortable with their own ideas and aren't even willing to accept anything else. They just wanna hide in their little box that blocks out all logic.

POLITICS
I...HATE...politics. Everyone likes to say that America sucks, but seriously, if you say that, I would love to know WHY YOU'RE HERE. I personally don't mind America. There ARE worse places. If you REEEEALLY hated America so much, you'd probably use any means necessary to get out, even if you had to WALK to Canada from, say, Texas. If you hate America bad enough, why not? Obama's been elected, and you STILL want out. How much faith do you really have in him?! Go visit a third world country for about a month and come back, then tell me what you think. Sure, people don't always agree with our government, and, to be completely honest, I don't either. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. For instance, I think they're doing a good job of keeping terrorists out, but the illegal immigration issue still needs work. The War on Terror? It's not for the oil, okay? Someone should explain to me how that relates directly to, oh, I don't know, how about getting rid of the Saddam-supporters? We have some oil under us too, like in Alaska. Why can't we dig for oil here? Because of some spotted owl? Nothing lasts forever. If the oil doesn't kill the owl, something else will. Besides, how does oil hurt an owl? Owls are flying creatures, right? What could oil do? Many species have died out in the past, and you know what? People stopped caring. They accepted it, "This species is dead, nothing can be done to bring it back, let's move on and accept it." But up until that point, it's all, "Oh no! This species is endangered! Let's spend all of our money saving a creature that is no smarter than a human infant, and is inevitably going to die anyway!" But I'm beginning to go off on a tangent, aren't I? Why are people so against the war? I can understand if it's about concern for the U.S. soldiers' lives, but it sometimes seems like there's more to it. What, was 9/11 a plan by George Bush? If it was, it'd be proven, and he'd be out of office a LONG time before he was. As for illegal immigration? If they can legalize themselves, fine. If they break through without even trying to become legal and start stealing jobs? THAT is an issue. Why use a fence? It can be easily climbed by anyone with adequate motor skills. Build a great-wall-of-china sort of thing across the border. If they manage to climb that, post snipers up there. Harsh, maybe, but the wall in itself should be enough to say, "You can't come in here!" But if they're THAT persistent? What would YOU try next? Hmmm... What other political stuff should I bring up? Global Warming! I believe that's fake. It's just an annoying gimmick developed by the neo-fascist government to keep people in check and raise their taxes! (Fine, I quoted Foamy, but that is a re-worded way of how I think of it, regardless. And is it not true?) Al Gore lost the 2000 election. WHATEVER. GET OVER IT. He shouldn't spread lies to make himself famous. Besides, how much does he really believe it if he drives gas-guzzling cars, has his own private jet and uses as much electricity as an entire city of people? If anything would be causing Global Warming, it's HIM. "Oh no, the temperature of the Earth is going to raise by 1-6 degrees! Waaaah!" Um, isn't that the difference between, say, 70-76 degrees on a summer day? The Earth's climate is changing CONSTANTLY. Explain the last couple winters! Hmm, any other political crap? FREE health care. That doesn't work. There will be so many people waiting for their turn for health care, that, depending on their condition, some will die before they can get any! I suppose less patients would also mean less money for those greedy money-grubbers to spend, huh? HMMM. But referring to politics in general, I don't believe there is a single politician alive who ever tells the entire truth about everything they say. I don't care who's in office as long as they don't cause our country to, literally, go to ruin. Some of you would exaggerate and say that it is in ruin, but I mean LITERALLY. And with the government's system of checks and balances, the President doesn't have complete control over everything anyway. If he did, that'd basically be a monarchy.

RACISM
This one is REALLY a big issue to me, and it's EVERYWHERE. There are some people that play the race card every time something doesn't go their way. Keep in mind, I'm not racist, I hate people who ARE racist, and I believe NO race is superior to another. (See? Look what our society's come to. I can't even argue about racism without putting a disclaimer.) In particular, rap music focuses a bit on racism based on what I've heard (among maybe like 4 other things, ever.) and the overuse of slang bothers me a bit too. I could make up my own words if I cared enough to. Would it not be just as likely to be adopted into our own language? It was so easy for them! I'm not saying anyone should dislike rap for whatever reason, I'm just saying why I dislike it. (Oh look, another disclaimer. Fun!) You know what else I've noticed? There isn't a holiday for white pride or anything like that. Before you get the wrong idea, read on a bit. If you think I'm doing this to be racist, you obviously haven't been paying attention. Such a holiday would NOT be invented as an indication of white supremacy or hatred of another race, just people being proud to be white for just one day. I mean, come on. Just about every other nationality and culture you can name has a day dedicated solely to their heritage. Think about it! Puerto Rican Day Parade, Italian Heritage Day, Polish Day Festival, St. Patrick's Day, Russian Roulette Day, Nova Scotia Cookie Festival, Cinco de Mayo, and of course, there's Black History Month, which is not just a day, but an entire month. One twelfth of the whole year. Remember, I have NO problems with any of these celebrations! Every nationality is free to celebrate what they want. The entire point of this is, what is there for white people? huh? NOTHING. Sure, I bet some would argue Independence Day, but that's for America in general, which is populated by varied percentages of everything. I think it'd only be fair. Still, chances are, if there was a White Pride parade, there'd probably be rioting. I think that's just insane.

SEXISTS
This one seems less of an issue than racism, from what I've seen. I don't believe that men are superior to women, or vice versa. But yes, we are different. That's inevitable. That's fact. Why are some people so intolerant of that? Okay, fine. I admit there are some kinds of girls I don't like. You know, the self-respect-bankrupt girls whose only purpose in life is to have sex for money. Of course, they're risking STDs, pregnancies, blah, but what do they care? They're getting PAID. Why not get a job at Jewel? No, I don't care if they're students or not, I can't see a prostitute landing a much bigger alternate career than that. There's also the teenage girls that get pregnant when they're 12 or 13 because they can't wait the 5 or 6 years it takes for them to do it legally. They can hardly wait A WEEK after being given "the talk", I'm sure. I think that reproducing that young is a stupid decision, made by stupid people, whose stupidity is therefore passed on to their hellspawns! There's also the feminists that I hate. I can agree that those types of girls bother me. But I can also admit to people within my own gender being bad as well, like the guys that only use women for sex and then toss them aside like a used tissue (or sock, for some of the weirder people). Then there are the people that endorse all the other bad things in the world, like moral decline and the conspiracies going around. Especially bullies. Those could apply to both genders though, I think. We're the same in some ways, see? Anyway, long after they hurt someone's feelings, it sticks with them longer than the bullies are aware. It stays while they're still looking for their next cheap thrill. They attack those weaker than they are, because they're afraid of anyone stronger or equal to them. It gives absolutely literal meaning to "pick on someone your own size".

STARBUCKS
This is very specific, but I still want to cover it. They put much more caffeine in their coffee than any other place, because they know that their customers will drink their coffee, even though it's overpriced, and since there's so much caffeine, they'll have a normal cup of coffee and find that it no longer provides the amount of caffeine they need to function, so they have no choice but to return to Starbucks. All the other coffee stores will go out of business. I'm glad to hear that they closed 600 stores some time ago. Why not close almost all of them? You know, then they wouldn't have as much of a corporate empire.

RELIGION
This is brief, but I'll still say it. I am an atheist, but I'm tolerant if someone is of any other religion. What I can't stand are the people who try to force you to convert. Keep your beliefs to yourselves!

IMPLANTS/EXCESSIVE MAKEUP
Tell me, you girls who do this, do you care about respect? Do you have any for yourselves and do you care if anyone else respects you for your personality? Probably not. You just wanna doll yourselves up in any way that'll give guys (who don't care about that) boners. You want to be seen as some sort of sex object rather than, you know, a human. A person. A living being with (somewhat of) a brain. Now, you girls who put on normal amounts of makeup? I have no problems with that at all. I'm talking about the girls who put on at least a pound of everything! And the ones who might as well be shoving wads of cash into a paper shredder by getting themselves implants for their breasts, or wherever else they feel they need improvement. While it's intent is to satisfy the collective male eye (among other things...), it's still not genuine. It's fake. Hiding their true appearances and using delusions to hide from themselves the fact that they are truly ashamed of their natural selves. And why be? Small breasts and/or an ugly appearance would just happen by nature. Embrace it. At least then, they'd be themselves, and smart people would appreciate that. People who don't aren't people worth worrying about. But if they wanna give up on themselves like that and give themselves false physical identities, fine. Up to them.

SMOKERS AND DRUG ADDICTS
I hate these people. They're weak-willed and can't live with reality, and therefore have no right to be in it, if you ask me! They're just gonna ruin it for everyone else who CAN live with it. They spend all day and night sucking on ashes, and when they can't get their fix, they have a complete mental breakdown and take everything out on the non-smokers. Same with potheads, crackheads, and all the other druggies who are dragging down the collective morale and intelligence of humanity. If you're going to commit suicide slowly, that's up to you. That's YOUR problem, but also YOUR way of eventually stopping us from dealing with you. As for the latter, thanks! If you change your mind but have trouble quitting, that's your own fault. You know what I do when I'm stressed? I TAKE A NAP. See? There are better ways to solve your problems. Overeating is another, but even though it's better than smoking or drugs, but I don't reccommend that either! There are those who drink alcohol and cut themselves, but I think those are almost as (if not just as, or a little more,) bad as smoking or drugs. Don't be in reality if you can't handle it. Not everything's gonna change for you.

It's interesting that I say that. "Not everything's gonna change for you." because someone could say that right back to me. Yes, I would very much like the above issues to be fixed and have society rid of its bad elements. The society which, quite sadly, is the whopping majority. I would like things to change, but I know that I alone cannot make that happen. I just sit back and hope that everything works out itself on its own, even though there's little-to-no chance of that happening, and I eternally lament about that.

If I think of anything else to add, or if I forgot something, I'll update this. These are all my feelings about this and I don't support any negative stereotypes. See? I'm repeating the disclaimer again to some of you sensitive people out there. And by "some of you sensitive people", I don't mean a "you people" statement, for some of the super-sensitive ones out there. Hmm, I guess that disclaimer could go on for a while, couldn't it? Well, I hope someone reads this and shares most of the same views as I do. I'm open to suggestions and comments as well!

Well, what do you think? =D;
Chab
Chab
非常にクール
非常にクール

Personal Statement : This place is half dead. o.o;

Male Posts : 2101
Location : Probably the source of the heavy breathing behind you.
S-Points : 10437

http://www.myspace.com/chadhansen91

Back to top Go down

Stuff about society that really bugs me. Empty Re: Stuff about society that really bugs me.

Post by phantasm Mon 03 Aug 2009, 20:24

That was long o_o. I skimmed through it, but read a few sections totally. I love starbucks for their fraps. lol. And I mostly agree on everything else :3
phantasm
phantasm
admin.
admin.

Personal Statement : you can join the wave

Male Posts : 1658
S-Points : 69701797

http://skadoosh.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Stuff about society that really bugs me. Empty Re: Stuff about society that really bugs me.

Post by Chab Mon 03 Aug 2009, 23:25

I'm not a coffee drinker, but Foamy is all wise and all knowing. =D
Chab
Chab
非常にクール
非常にクール

Personal Statement : This place is half dead. o.o;

Male Posts : 2101
Location : Probably the source of the heavy breathing behind you.
S-Points : 10437

http://www.myspace.com/chadhansen91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down