skadoosh! ™
regsiter or log in ♥️ ,

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

skadoosh! ™
regsiter or log in ♥️ ,
skadoosh! ™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Statistics
We have 27 registered users
The newest registered user is witching

Our users have posted a total of 6200 messages in 186 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» jfk
Bite Me! EmptySat 21 Sep 2013, 21:16 by witching

» my life as liz !
Bite Me! EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 03:11 by phantasm

» WELL THIS IS CUTE
Bite Me! EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 03:04 by phantasm

» oh woah. someone new?!
Bite Me! EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010, 22:35 by xemily91

» SKADOOSH IS A YEAR OLD!
Bite Me! EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 17:26 by kat ♥

» kokoro
Bite Me! EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 17:08 by kat ♥

» HELP!!!!!!!!! SKADOOSH PLEASE! D;
Bite Me! EmptyMon 10 May 2010, 16:47 by phantasm

» POST HERE FOR NAME CHANGE.
Bite Me! EmptyFri 09 Apr 2010, 21:05 by phantasm

» finish the lyrics ._.
Bite Me! EmptyWed 07 Apr 2010, 22:27 by phantasm

Bite Me!

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bite Me! Empty Bite Me!

Post by alliance Tue 17 Nov 2009, 20:42

weeell...i've been writing this for awhile o-o, so i figured, put it here! it's easier that emailing it out, anyway. and it'll be my escuse for posting like, 5 things in a row. Very Happy

Prologue

My mom says everyone has skeletons in their closet.
Creepy right? But no, it doesn't mean actual skeletons are stashed in your neighbor, your teacher, or maybe even your granmother's closets, though it would make a great story for the press. It's just mom talk for everybody has secrets. Ones that you don't want people to find out. And not just normal secrets, like last year when I accidentally knocked the Thanksgiving turkey onto the floor, and then put it back without telling, leaving everbody at dinner wondering why the turkey had carpet fuzz on it. No, I mean BIG secrets. Life-changing secrets. Secrets like, say, you and your family are vampires who live among non-vapires in secret, you have the senses and strength of probably about ten men put together, and, according to your mom, you have a portal to the vampire tranport station in your cleaning closet.
Yes, wow. My family does seem to have several very big skeletons stshed in our closets. A portal sized skeleton.
Although the fact that the portal, no matter how cool, is located in the cleaning closet does kind of make the whole experience kind of less, I don't know, magical.
"So, why the cleaning closet?" I ask my mom as I rolled my suitcase down the hall. The only other thing I was taking was my backpack, which was full of school supplies. And before you start picturing me walking through Diagon Alley, I should tell you, all of this stuff was brought at Walmart. We would get all of the cool stuff when we reached VSVS, the boarding school I would be going to. Bummer right?
"What?" She asked, her voice cracking in the middle. She was crying! Probably, I guessed, because she was proud I was growing up, and because I was going away for the next six months. I caught up with her and put my arm around her waist in sort of a walking hug.
"I'll email," I reminded her quickly. "And I asked, why the cleaning closet? Why not some big door, with fancy designs and grand arches and stuff?"
"It's more conspicius." She replied. quickly wiping her eyes. "Lets face it, the only time you ever come here is to get a cough drop."
Yes, my mother puts the medicine in the same closet as the cleaning supplies. In my opinion, it's a saftey hazard. Windex should not be put next to Halls, thank you very much.
We reached the end of the hall. The rest of my family was waiting there. My dad, my two little sisters, and my older sister Emily.
Actually, Emily should be going to VSVS with me this year, but last year she did the summer school too, finishing the three year course in just two. She said it was so she could have extra time to think about which colledge she wanted to go to, and fininshing early would look good on her aplications. Yeah right. It was because she didn't want to have to go to school with me. Gee, what a good sister.
But I hugged her anyway as my familysaid their goodbyes, and then it was time. My mom told me to open the door with my magic. Heres the thing: vampires dont really have that much magic. We have to touch something to cast a spell on it, and really, the most powerful thing we do is turn into bats.(Yes, it's true!) But since our magic still looks cool, I'll tell you what happened.
I concentrated on my right hand, my writing hand, and therfore, my spell casting hand. I could hear a faint hum as sparks started jumping from my fingers. Taking a deep breath, I grabbed the doorknob and turned. I could feel the magic leaving my hand and going into the door. I opened it slowly. Instead of the shelves of Pledge and Tylenol there was a portal. It looked like something in a blender, with all of those steriotypical swirls. Then, from the center, a bright light apeared. It started getting closer, and I could make out its shape. It sort of looked like the Metro. As the light shined brighter I hearded the whistle blow. "OH MY GOD!" I slammed the door shut and leaned my back against it, in case shutting hadn't done the job.
My family laughed. My dad opened the door again and, sure enough, the metro-thing had stopped. Oops. How was I to know? When the metro picked up Emily at six thirty last year I was so tired I didn't notice anything untill she was leaving. Now, I felt like an idiot.
"Goodbye sweetheart." My dad kissed me on the head, pulling me back to reality.
My mom hugged me one last time. "Be careful, and stay safe." she pulled away and held my shoulders, looking directly into my eyes. Geeze, doesn't she trust me? I am her daughter, after all.
"I will."
I turned and stared through the portal. The imatation metro had now opened it's doors, which were in the front, not on the side, like the actual Metro's. I could see into the room inside. The conductor was leaning against the wall, looking touched. I guess I was one of the first to be picked up. Otherwise, he would probably be bored by all of the sappy goodbyes. Behind him was another door, the one that led into the compartments, I guessed.
I stepped through the portal and onto the train. "Good morning, Sir." I said to the conductor. He was around fourty, and he had one of those thick mustaches that covers your whole upper lip.
"G'morning." He said, as if he hadn't just ogled at a really private moment for my family. "Name's Dennis. Go ahead and find a compartment ya'll like. Best to sit 'fore we get movin'. We'll make 'bout a dozen or so more stops, then fly down to VSVS." He turned back to the controls. Before he closed the door, I turned and waved at my family.
"Love you!" I called to them. Then I faced the door leading to the compartments and took a step in.
This. Was. It.
Reader, I have a feeling we're not on Francis Drive anymore.

oh gosh. it's alot worse than i remember >.<
alliance
alliance
오, 베이비
오, 베이비

Personal Statement : flip flops are for people that cant handle socks.

Female Posts : 1688
S-Points : 9375

Back to top Go down

Bite Me! Empty Re: Bite Me!

Post by Chab Tue 17 Nov 2009, 20:55

Some areas of the first part were interesting to read right after watching some Blood+ episodes. XD But this all sounds good. I couldn't write a story to save my life. =P
Chab
Chab
非常にクール
非常にクール

Personal Statement : This place is half dead. o.o;

Male Posts : 2101
Location : Probably the source of the heavy breathing behind you.
S-Points : 10476

http://www.myspace.com/chadhansen91

Back to top Go down

Post by alliance Tue 17 Nov 2009, 20:59

me neither. <.<
alliance
alliance
오, 베이비
오, 베이비

Back to top Go down

Post by Chab Tue 17 Nov 2009, 21:04

...well apparently you can. >.>
Chab
Chab
非常にクール
非常にクール

Back to top Go down

Post by alliance Tue 17 Nov 2009, 21:09

haha.(: really? chapter one! (i told you i had these saved somewhere.) then i g2g.

Chapter One

The doors closed behind me and I took in my surroundings. The walls and cecilings were mirrored, the floors were polished hardwood , and red velvet seats lined the edges of the train compartment. This was supposed to be a bewitched flying train? Excusing my while I say 'Boooring!' But then I noticed something. There was a row of three silver poles in the center, from floor to ceciling. What are these for, I wonder?
Suddenly, I got my answer. The ground lurched beneath me as a slight hum began from the control room. I grabbed for the nearest pole and sqeezed my eyes shut. I could hear my suitcase roll to to edge of the compartmant. Why had I brought the one with wheels? I should have lisntened to my sisters warning. I thought she had been joking when she said the train flew through warp holes and I had to be careful. If only I had taken her seriously!
Luckily the train soon reached what I assumed was 'cruising altitude.' The bumps and lurches stopped, and I began walking through the compartments, looking for people to sit with. There were girls, but they were too old. Then there were some people my age, but they were the kind of immature guys that would shoot spitballs at you in math class. Then there were mixed groups of two or three, but I couldn't exactly find my crowd, you know?
Eventually I decided to sit alone. Well, not decided exactly. The train began decending and I fell into a seat. But I perfer to look at the positives.
So I sat. And sat. And sat some more. Then I looked at my nails and wondered if I remembered to bring a file and polish, followed by me sitting some more.
I wondered if I could liven things up a bit? I gathered magic into my hand and tapped the seat gingerly. Nothing. But sometimes concentrating isn't enough. You need to be more specific. I closed my eyes and thought some more, then tapped the seat again and murmered,
Please make something interesting occur;
Very soon, I would perfer.
I know it was awful, but I never said I was a poet. I also suppose it could have been better without ryming, but my magic seems to work best in verse. And I've learned it helps to add please. The Powers That Be must appricate manners. But when nothing still happened, I shrugged and leaned back in my chair. Well, it was worth a shot. Wait...I hear something!
It was sort of a clackety-clak pattern, then a yell and a bang, and it seemed to be getting closer. Oh boy, what did I do now? I got up and opened the door on the side where the sound was comming from. Whatever I screwed up, I was ready to face...BANG!...or not.
After the door of the other compartment I was looking into opened, I saw the problem. A boy my age was rolling through the train on rollerblades. I guess this wasn't my fault after all. It was his. What idiot wears rollerskates on a train?
"Help!" He called, windmilling his arms. "I can't stop!" I turned around and started running. Too late!
Crash!
I hit the floor. The boy ran over my arm and canapaulted over me, landing flat on his back. I closed my eyes. Was I dying? I must be. If not from the pain in my arm, surely from the embarrasment. I could hear the people in the compartment roller-boy here had just crashed through laughing. After I apologized for knocking him over and properly introduced myself, I was going to MURDER HIM.
"Scuze me, sorry, could you move please?" I heard voices comming. I opened my eyes and looked up. A pretty girl with caramel colored skin and jet-black hair was making her way toward me, along with another tall boy that had orangish-brown hair and matching eyes. "Are you okay?" he asked me. "You look like you were hit by a truck."
"I was, sorta," I looked at the curly haired boy who had knocked me down.
"Uh, sorry?" He looked away and accepted a helping hand from the girl. I got up on my own, glancing through the open compartment door as I did so. A blonde haired girl was now imatating me. She held up her hands, her eyes wide, and her mouth open.
"You NAILED her!" A boy said, laughing. I'm dying on the inside. I really am.
"Lets get away from these jerks!" The girl said as she tossed her hair over her shoulder. "I'll warp us back."
"Umm, Gaby, isn't that not such a great idea, after..." The boy who had knocked me over held securly to one of those muti-purpose poles and lifted one of his feet, and for the first time I saw that he wasn't wearing rollerskates, but that actual wheels had pushed through the soles of his sneakers. Like wheelies but...grosser.
"I'm really sorry Conner! I don't know what happened! There was some kind of interference, and..." Gaby trailed off. "I'm really, really sorry. I don't usually mess up like this."
Interference? I could feel my cheeks getting hot. Maybe I should me more specific with my magic. Much, much more specific.
"Hey, it's okay! Just a couple of bruises and head trauma...and maybe some mental scarring. But maybe Brad should do it this time."
The brown-eyed boy nodded and closed his eyes. He waited. Then he cracked open an eye and looked at me. "Well, aren't you gunna get your bags?"
Me? I almost pointed to myself. "Sure...wait a sec." I grabbed my bags and did the happy dance around the room, clapping my hands and singing the theme from Cinderlla...A Dream Is A wish Your Heart Makes, oblivious to the stares from Brad, Gaby, and Conner.
Well, not really. But that's what I felt like doing. Finally, people to sit with! It didn't matter if one of them had a foot deformity and had knocked me over. They were all my age, so who cared?
Wow. I really needed to make some friends.
Anyway, I grabbed my bags and rejoined Brad. He streched out his arms and grabbed the air in fromt of him. then began pulling his hands apart. the room seemed to ripple, and then the warp opened and I bravely, or prehaps stupidly jumped through it.
Warping through a hole, and not a doorway like I had at home, is the strangest feeling. You go all soft and rubbery and bend through it. It's very unerrving actually. Halfway through I opened one eye and saw my other eye staring back at me. It's would defininitly be a shock for a vain person, That's for sure.
Then we were back in Brad, Gaby, and Conner's compartment. It was identical to mine, exept there were more bags strewn on the floor, and a large window on each wall. All you could see was the swirly colors of the warp, so I turned back around
"That was great!" I told Brad. "I hear opening a warp hole is really hard."
"Oh no, anyone can open a warp hole in a warp hole. The magic is already there, you just need to direct it. But that did take alot out of me." He collapsed onto a chair. "I'm not moving from this spot untill we get to VSVS."
"Why not?" I asked, but I was distracted from Brad by a clang. Gaby had just accidentally steered the blue-eyed boy into a pole.
"Oops!" She turned him around and pulled him into a seat. "Sit here for a second and I'll get Brad to reverse this."
"No, I can't." Brad said. "I'm too tired from the warp. My magic needs to recharge." She eyed him quizically. "I'm only half vampire." He explained. "My magic is like a charge guage, and I don't have enough left to do anything."
Aww, poor Brad. But this was my moment to prove myself! "I'll do it," I spoke up. "I'm pretty good with stuff like this." (Translation: I've screwed up enough to know how to do undo a magic mishap. Trust me.)
Gaby glanced at Conner. "It's worth a shot." He sighed. "But if I suddenly grow another arm or something, I'm holding YOU responsible."
Whoa. Talk about pressure. But I remained cool. I kneeled down and touched one of his shoes.
"These wheels on his feet are cursed,
Make them be reversed."

It was working! The wheels seemed to be sinking back into his feet...but then wheels began rising out fo his head. Gaby and Brad burst into laughter."What's so funny?" Conner looked around for the joke. Of course, he couldn't see the top of his head.
"Nothing!" I assured him. I said reversed in the charm, didn't I? That would explain the wheels switching places from top to bottom. And I don't remember saying please, either. Dang magic! Thinking fast, before he could see them. I said, "Your shoes untied!"
"Huh?" He bent down. "My shoes don't have laces!" He looked at me. I stopped trying to find a ryme for undo. "What's so funny?"
"Nothing...nothing." I looked at Gaby with wide eyes that said "HELP!"
She looked back with wider eyes that said "NO!"
My eyes got as big as plates. "YES!" they screamed.
"Umm..." Brad and Conner looked from me to Gaby. "Is wide eyes some girl thing we should know about?
"Oh no!" It's just..." suddenly I found a ryme. "Look Conner! A whale!"
He looked out the window.
These wheels are no fun,
Please reduce them to none!"
Quitely the wheels dissapeared. Thank goodness all my magic does is hum. Some people's magic snaps or cracks. Mines more secretive. I could do it right beside you and you wouldn't know.
There's something to keep you on your toes!
"I don't see any whales!" He said with his nosed pressed against the glass. "Must've been a false alarm. Anway, I'm Conner."
I nodded. "I heard your name when you were talking to your friends"
"Then you must know that I'm Brad," Brad gestured to himself, "and this is Gaby." She waved.
"It's nice to meet all you guys," I said. "I'm Maddie."
"Well hi Maddie." Gaby said. "Did anyone tell you how to work the Center Pole?"
Uhh..."What?"
"It's the pole in the center of every compartment. It's how you get food. Watch." She walked to the middle pole and held out her hand. "Roast beef samwitch with lettuce, cheese, and miracle whip." Amazingly, her order slid down the pole and into her hand. I watched with my mouth open. Brad just arched an eyebrow.
"Miracle Whip, really, Gaby?"
"I can't stand mayonase. Why dont you order some OBSC Maddie, to get the hang of working it?"
"Umm, sure." I guess now would be a good time to tell you about OBSC, or Organic Blood Substitute Compound, for long. It's basically a secret mixture of the compounds in blood that supply a vampire's nutrients, created by the Johnson and Family company. It even comes in flavors. So, in the twenty-first century, vampires not are the the fanged nightmares they once were. Lame right? But it's actually better this way. I don't think I could even kill a goldfish, let alone something big enough to fill me, like a deer or a -shudder- person.
But back to the present. I held out a hand like I had seen Gaby do. "Cherry OBSC." A stream of bright red liquid shot out at me. I held up my hands. Holy Moley! I was getting soaked! "STOP!!!"
Gaby swallowed a giggle when I looked at her questioningly. "I forgot. You need to be specific." she dissolved into laughter.
I rolled my eyes. A little late now, huh? "Cherry OBSC. In a martini glass. With a red candied cherry. On the side. And a blue crazy straw." And lo and behold, there it was. Specific enough for you?
Conner looked at my wacky drink. "You're a riot." He got up to order his own, and I scooted over.
"If I can get whatever I want from this, I wanna make it good." I explained
"Oh, you cant get everything." He said, then turned toward the pole. "A million dollars!" There was a buzz, like the kind on game shows when you get the wrong answer. "See? Vanilla OBSC in a bottle, please." He got his drink, then Brad got his.
"Seems like there's much of this magic stuff I need to get the hang of," I remarked as I sipped from my crazy straw.
"Oh, were you raised mortal?" Gaby asked as she popped the top off her drink.
"Yeah. Were you?"
She snorted. "Heck no. I'm a Johnson. I've been completely submersed in vampire culture. This isn't even my first train ride to VSVS."
"Your a Johnson?" I said, awed. "As in, the OBSC makers?"
"Yup. I'll sell the recipie to you for ten bucks."
"Really?"
"...No. I don't even know it. Finding out is going to be my eighteenth birthday present. Woop-de-doo." she propped her head up on her hands. "You probably think my life is so cool, but really, it's boring to me. The same all the time. I'd give anything to play a game of pinball."
Brad spoke up. "Pinball? Really?"
She shrugged. "I've never played it."
"On Christmas vacation, you can visit me and we can play pinball at the Putt-putt arcade near my house." I offered.
She laughed. "Putt-putt? What is that slang for?"
"It's a golf and arcade place." Conner supplied. "I live in a mortal neighborhood, but my family believes in vampire cultures. We go to the Civita and all that."
Brad said "Me too!" at the same time I said, "Whats the Civita?"
Conner grinned at Brad. "Really? Thats awesome! And..." he turned to me. "The Civita is practically a million malls and hotels all in one place. It's like vampire central there."
Oooh, neat. "Where is it?"
"It's in the Smithsoneon."
Oh my gosh. He has GOT to be pulling my leg. "Really? Don't people, umm, notice it when they go down to get the measeum stuff?"
"Oh! No, You go through seperate boxes to get to different districts. It's all very low-key and secrative. Odds are we'll take a field trip there and you can see everything first hand."
Wow. My mom sure did leave out a lot of stuff when she was explaining the vampire world to me. The Smithsoneon. Really, I would have to have a little talk with her when we got to VSVS. Speaking of which...
"Hey, anyone know what VSVS stands for?"
"You mean you don't know?" They all exclaimed.
I just shrugged. "I figured it was one of those things that nobody really cares about. Like the aglet."
"The WHAT?" Brad said
"The aglet. It's that little plastic thing at the end..."
"I know what it stands for." Gaby interupted. "Very Scary Vampire School."
I looked at her. "You're kidding, right?"
She shook her head no. "The founder of VSVS had a son back around 1349. He went to Europe to study and his son caught that nasty Buebonic Plague thing. He died in his sleep, but his dad, founder Charles Wallingford,"
"May he rest in peace," Conner and Brad put in
"Was really upset. He built VSVS on his island home and named it Very Scary Vampire School after a story his son wrote. He always thought he would be a writer one day." Gaby dropped her hands to her lap. The last words of her story hung there and made the air heavy.
Way to kill the joy! I yelled at myself. Mentally, of course.
"That's really sad." I said, trying to break the tension. "How about a game to get to know eachother then? Has anyone played Four Truths and a Lie?"
Conner and Brad looked at me. "No, that's a girl's game."
"It is not!" Gaby said. "I played it once, when I was waiting outside of a conference my mom was in. It's fun. So, can I go first?" We all nodded. "Awesome. One: I'm an only child. Two: I invented my own OBSC flavor this summer with my dad. Three: I get an allowance of $50 a week. Four..." she looked around for ideas. "I SEE VSVS!"
"Easy Gaby!" Brad rolled his eyes. "The lie is you see VSVS."
"No! Really! Look over there!" She pionted out the window, and I could see the colors of the warp hole dissolve away as we flew down to the ocean. Pacific, I knew. As we got closer, I began to see a rock. The tide ebbed and flowed around it, but I guessed it was about the size of a baseball diamond.
"That's VSVS?" Wow. Where would we sleep?
"Sort of," Gaby said. "But just the tip. You might want to grab a pole."
I listened to her advice and gripped the Center Pole tightly, as the train began a sharp decent. We flew lower and lower, untill the train flew strait into the ocean with a big splash--but it didn't stop there! The decent continued, untill the water was so deep it almost looked black. I began to feel some water pressure then. Just a little, on my head, but it still hurt.
"A mortal probably wouldn't be able to dive this deep," Conner remarked, as if reading my mind.
"It's more hidden that way." Gaby said. "We must be about to crash into the rock."
The ROCK? Why aren't there seatbelts on this thing? But soon I saw what Gaby meant. The rock gave way, and the train entered, no problem. By craning my neck I could see VSVS below us. It was like a castle, with towers and long, grassy grounds. There was a pool, and some greenhouses, and one lone, ugly tree. The Carnivore Tree, Brad told me. What a strange name. Maybe it was like a venus flytrap.
A voice crackled over some kind of speaker system, and I heard Dennis the conductor's country accent.
"Down there is VSVS, ya'll home for the next six months. To exit, git on the platform ouside of the end of the train. A teacher should be down there to take ya'll to the lobby to git yur schedules and dorm assignments. Yur uniforms will be in ya'll closets. Change into them for supper. Ya'll to be on yur best behavior for Headmistriss Winters speech. Now git along. VSVS is watin'"
Overkill on the accent, Dennis.
I exchanged glances with Gaby, Conner, and Brad. Where would our rooms be? Would we have our schedules together? I hadn't felt nervous before, but now it felt like I had swallowed a bunch of birds. Butterflies weren't aggressive enough for what I was feeling. My legs had been transformed into jelly.
Finally Brad broke the silence. "We better get moving." I nodded. If I opened my mouth, I was sure my OBSC would fly out. "Lead the way, Gaby."
She swallowed. "Okay. Lets grab our bags." Slowly, we made our may to the end of the train. Where had all of these people been when I was looking for somewhere to sit? I wondered...
At the end, sure enough, there was a platform. It was just a flat surface, about a foot think, suspended completely in the air. I was a little timid stepping on to it, needless to say. Shortly after, it began it's slow decent. I stayed FAR away from the edges and closed my eyes. In a few minutes we were at the bottom. There was a teacher there, a stout red-faced man with orange hair. "Welcome." He said. "I'm Mr. D. I'll take you to the lobby." Exited whispers began and everyone followed him to VSVS.
The lobby had large silver chandeliers suspended at different hights that were just dripping crystals. The walls were all mirrored, and I was begining to think that was some kind of popular vampire aritechture. The floor was gold, and the ceiling seemed to stretch on forever.
I bet it's impossible to get a ballon back if you let it go here, I observed, tilting my head back as far as I could. I heard a snap. Was that my neck?
No. It was someone casting a spell. "Schedules!" my schedule apeared in from of me, followed by another snap and the words "dorm assignments!" I looked around and found my friends.
"Room number?" I asked Gaby. "Four." She answered. I looked at mine. The same! I grabbed her in a hug "YES!!" We both shouted. How long had I know Gaby again? Two hours? Three? We were gunna be great friends.
After that we all swapped schedules, and I found out I had at least two people I knew in each class. The birds flew away. VSVS, no sweat! Conner and Brad compared their drom rooms then. "Seven." Brad said.
"Shoot." Conner dropped his arms to his sides. "I've got six."
"Well, thats only a floor apart," Brad reasoned. "So it's still pretty close."
"Yeah..." Conner looked up. "C'mon you guys. Lets change and then hurry to the dinning hall so we can get good seats."
"Right." I said, and we split up.
The room I shared with Gaby was really nice, I noted as soon as I came in. The walls were all curved, because it was a whole level of the tower. 1/4 was my room, 1/4 was Gaby's, and the other parts were a bathroom and a kitchen with a small table and mini fridge. Gaby pointed the closets out to me, and I found my uniform, freshly washed and pressed. It was a pleated burgundy mini skirt, an oxford shirt with taliored ends, (the kind you don't have to tuck in, yay!), and a striped gold and maroon tie.I put it all on. The tie was easy, since it had already been knotted right. All I had to do was adjust the length and I was good to go. As I modled in a full length mirror I realized it didn't really look that bad. Most people complain about their uniforms, but these were all right.
"Maddie!" Gaby called from the elevator. "Come one, lets go!"
Back to the Dinning Hall!
There we all found seats by the south wall. It had been magiced so we could see a sunset. It was really pretty, and I just watched it while Gaby, Brad, and Conner talked. When the sky began turning purple, the headmistriss walked in, or strutted, in her case, to the center of the room, where she banged the big staff she had brought with her. LOUDLY.
I cupped my hands over my ears. "Is this really necessary?" I asked Gaby loudy.
"Yes, now Shhh!"
The headmistress began her speech. "Everyone! Teachers, students, and guards, I welcome you to VSVS...
"See that staff she's got there?" Conner whispered. How could I not see it? Hadn't she just banged in on the floor louder than the gunshot heard 'round the world?
"Yeah, I see it." I told Conner.
"Well, it's what makes her so powerful. It's from the only Carnivore Tree left in exsistance, here in VSVS. Ledegnd says if you conquer the tree by taking one of it's branches you gain incredible powers, even stronger than a wizards. And they're the strongest magic beings out there. That's why the headmistriss looks so young even though she's 300 years old, it's--"
"SHE'S THREE HUNDRED YEARS OLD?" I couldn't believe it! She didn't even have a wrinkle!
"SHH!" Brad said. "It's true, and that's why you don't wanna get on her wrong side! She'd kill you!"
Okay. Shutting up and paying attention now.The headmistriss was talking about saftey now. And responsibitlities. And blah blah blah.
I wondered what breakfast would be. And what teacher's were nice. Gaby elbowed me in the ribs, just then, HARD. "Pay attention!" she said out of the corner of her mouth. I put my elbows on the table and pretended to look interested.
"I hope you will all learn, and all treasure all of the wonderful things VSVS has to offer. These next six months will be the most important of your life!"
"She says that every year." A Third Grader remarked as we all got up to leave. "And I always think, then what were the last six months I spent here?"
Oh well. She must be a hater. I thought the speech was touching, whatI heard, anyway. I said goodbye to Brad and Conner and goodnight to Gaby. And then went to bed. Early to rise and all that crap, you know? I stared at the glow in the dark stars I had stuck to my celing. Tomarrow was the first day of school. It would be so exiting, so exhilerating, and possibly so boring.
How was I ever going to get some sleep?

no blood? dissapointment, i know chabby. dont worry tho. xD
alliance
alliance
오, 베이비
오, 베이비

Back to top Go down

Post by Chab Tue 17 Nov 2009, 21:12

Sorry, but I'll read it later. xD While it is somewhat interesting, I don't like to read too much of something in one sitting. I'm kind of a thorough reader. I have to have a vivid picture in my head of what the sentence is saying before I can make myself move on. Makes me read more slowly and it's kinda harder. >.<

EDIT: 'Kay read. While I'll admit this storyline doesn't have the most interesting of topics as far as what I'm into, you're really creative and good at describing things. =D
Chab
Chab
非常にクール
非常にクール

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasm Tue 17 Nov 2009, 22:31

yay for bite me. lol. Very Happy.
phantasm
phantasm
admin.
admin.

Personal Statement : you can join the wave

Male Posts : 1658
S-Points : 69701836

http://skadoosh.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by alliance Wed 18 Nov 2009, 16:06

haha. i know its not very good or interesting. ._. im just posting this for the heck of it. and cause the story forum was kind of dead. ;-;
alliance
alliance
오, 베이비
오, 베이비

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasm Wed 18 Nov 2009, 16:12

the whole forum's dead 8D.
oh. we need to rpg. lol.
anyway. continue and post chappie twooo.
phantasm
phantasm
admin.
admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by alliance Wed 18 Nov 2009, 16:12

youve already read it, smart one.
alliance
alliance
오, 베이비
오, 베이비

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasm Wed 18 Nov 2009, 16:13

i know.
but you haven't posted it. :3
phantasm
phantasm
admin.
admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by alliance Wed 18 Nov 2009, 16:16

psh. fiiiiiine.

Chapter Two

I woke up, staring at the ceiling and wondering where I was. Then I remembered. VSVS, my new home for the next sixth months. Today was, as Benjamin Franklin said, the first day of the rest of my life.
Wait, he was the one who rode around yelling "The Brittish are comming!" and scareing the crap out of the the colonists at three in the morining.
Or was that Paul Revere?
Either way, I yawned and stretched, today was going to be a big day. Eat a healthy breakfast. My mom's words popped into my mind. Geeze, over 3,000 miles away and it's like she's still here. I made a mental note to email her tonight as I got ready. I had taken a shower the night before, so all I had to do was brush out my hair. My nice, bouncy, corkscrews. But, unfortunatly, they were brown. I love brown hair on other people, but not on me. It's strange. But while I try to get a knot out of my hair I'll tell you about my appearance:
Scrawny. Brown hair. Blue/green/grey eyes.
Good thing I'm not one of those girls that is obsessed with her appearance. I can't stand people who are. You can't change how you look, so get used to it.*
Yes, thank you for applauding for my rant. But now we must return from the recesses of my mind to my dorm, as interesting as it is.
After dropping my brush on the floor (What can I say? An effort to make this dorm more like my room at home.) and changing into my uniform, I went to check on Gaby. She was in the kitchen, making coffee.
"Was that here before?" I asked as I eyed the machine. It looked pretty expensive.
"Nope. I brought it." She answered while she poured a cup. "Want some?"
"Yeah, all right." I accepted my mug. I almost never drink coffee. My parents hardly let me, but it's so good! I squirted on some wipped cream from the mini-fridge. "So, you had this with you on the train?"
"Yep. I need my caffine in the morning." She tapped a finger against her cup. "I'm nothing without this."
"So you brought a whole machine with you?"
"Well, yeah. But I wont be drinking this every morning. My parents say it stunts your growth. All I have is a bag my Aunt Dee gave me, and then that's it. Sucks."
"Well, thanks for sharing." I took another sip. The cream had melted off and it was HOT. "Ow!" I fanned my mouth and pluncked the mug down. Coffee sloshed over it and onto my hands. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, OW!"
I grabbed the can of whipped cream and squirted it into my mouth. "Ahhh..."
"That can't be healthy." She said.
"Ish not." I said around the cream. "Wan fum?"
"What did you say?" she asked. I swallowed.
"Want some?"
"Duh!" Gaby grabbed the can from me and tried to squirt it in her mouth, but all she got was the compressed air they load in the cans.
"Try again." I advised. "Hold it up higher." She did, and so much cream came out it overflowered around her mouth.
"Cwap!" She exclaimed, spraying cream all over the place. "Ham meah nafin!"
"A what?"
"Nafin! NAFIN!" Oh...napkin. I grabbed some from a dispenser on the table. She wiped he mouth after I handed them to her, glancing at the clock as she did so. "Dang! It's 7:58! We're going to be late for breakfast!"
She threw the napkins away while I grapped our bags and ran for the elevator. When we got off I glanced at my scheduel. "Breakfast is dinning room 8." Wow, how many dinning rooms were there? I set off across the lawn.
"No time! I know a shortcut." Gaby grabbed my arm and jerked me back into the tower. "This way!"
She knelt down and pulled off a heating grate. Instead of a vent system there was a warp doorway. Well, what did I expect? I thought as I followed Gaby. Why would you need a heating system in a magic school? At the end of the tunnel there was another grate. Gaby peered through before kicking it down. "The coast is clear." She said. "The dinning room si right through here."
She led me into a grassy area with a pond and then pointed me to a wall. Faintly, I could see the outline of a door in it. I gave it a push and it opened into the busy dinning hall. We slipped in.
Inside, there were about a dozen round tables with deep brown tablecloths. The wall we had just come through was all glass and looked outside. The other three walls were blue and the floor was plush tan carpet. A window looked into the busy kitchen. Kind of homey. I thought.
"Lets try and find Brad and Conner." Gaby said.
We found them in the middle of the room. Conner's hair was wet and Brad was chugging down a cup of some sort of pink cream.
"What is that?" I asked.
"It's a kind of OBSC." Gaby said. "Too bad the kitchen just closed."
"Wait! We saved you some." Brad reached under the table and pulled up two clear bottles. The first had something brown and sludgy. The other had someting cream colored. "You get first pick, Maddie."
"I'll take this one." I grabbed the second bottle. Obviously Brad was trying to posion me.
"Thanks Maddie!" Gaby said as she took the sludgy one. "I thought you were going to take the chocolate waffle one for yourself."
"What? Chocolate waffle? I want a trade!"
She laughed. "No refunds!"
"Aw, come on!"
"Maddie, just eat your pancakes!" Conner said.
...Pacakes? I popped the cap off the sludge. It bubbled. And not fizzy soda bubbles. Big, boiling bubbles. "Are you sure this is meant to be eaten?" I asked as I looked down the neck of the bottle.
"Yeees. Now eat it."
I took an experimental sip. It tasted like hotcakes and mapel syrup. It slid down my throat like cream. It was warm and buttery. And it was so good!
"Glad you like it." Conner said, reading my expression. "VSVS makes it fresh, here."
"But I thought only your family knew had to make it." Brad said to Gaby.
"We do. We sell the clear, flavorless one to VSVS, in bulk, and they add there own stuff to it."
"That makes sense." He glanced at his watch. "Better hurry up though. Class starts soon."
Gaby and I finished our drinks while Brad and Conner waited up. We set off to first period, ready for the worst.
Turns out, it was easy.
"I'm Ms. Heston, your Enchantment teacher. Since it's your first day, lets get to know eachother. I want you to walk around the room and introduce yourself to everyone. Tell them all about yourself."
"Hello, I'm Mr. Lewis, and I'll be your Bible teacher this year. How about we start with a group bonding activity?"
"Welcome! My name is Mrs. Pomum! This is English class. Here you will learn how to speak better English, as well as the vampire language, Solixtice. Lets begin with a game to introduce ourselves. Fill out this paper and trade with a stranger."
"Hello maggots. Call me Sir. You do exactly as I say. SIT! And be silent!"
...That class was a bit odd. The teacher, "Sir," is a girl. I don't think Current Events is going to be a favorite of mine. But moving on...
"Hello, hello, hello! I'm your Chemistry teacher. You may call me Proffessor Albert. Let us introduce ourselves!"
Finally, the second to last class, Vampire History. The problem was we had to walk around and introduce ourselves with a history fact about our family. I couldn't think of one, so I introduced myself like this:
"Hi, I'm Maddie, and my family keeps our warp doorway in the cleaning closet!"
"I'm Emily." A blonde girl replied. "And I'm related to founded Charles Wallingford!"
"Cool!" I said. Why was everybody's history fact better than mine? "This..." I reached out and grabbed Gaby as she walked by with Conner. "Is my roomie Gaby."
"Hey!" She said to Emily. "I'm Gaby, and my great great great grandad invested OBSC. Have you guys met Kayla and Beth yet?"
We shook our heads, and Gaby introduced us. Beth had brown hair with blonde highlights and purple braces. Kayla was a redhead with a great uncle "Who was a relative of Aberham Lincon."
After meeting up with Brad at the door, we all walked to science together. By then everyone was less nervous, and happy from a day without any work. Poor planning on the teachers part, I thought. They must have thought they were the only one who would do a welcome day. Unfourtunatly, Mrs. Elder wasn't like that.
"Calm down!" She snapped as we entered. "Find a seat and listen. This is the first time I'm trying a year-long project, and if you can't behave I won't do it again."
We all shut up and sat. Brad sat behind me and started humming quietly.
"Thank you," She went on. "This year I'm trying a new teaching plan. We will be doing a six month expirement. Each of you will hatch your own unique eggs. They will all be magic creatures. Some will be very common. Some will be very rare."
She waited for the exited whispers that followed.
"This is going to be so cool," I leaned in to Gaby. "Magic eggs!"
"I know!" She turned to Beth, who also sat behind us. "What do you want?"
She opened his mouth to say something, but at that moment Mrs. Elder held up a hand, and the class fell silent. "This will be a great responsibility! You will have to carefully record your egg's progress in a log book. You must research and monitor them carefully. Most important, you must take care of them. If your egg fails to hatch, or you lose it, it will result in an imediant zero for this quarter!"
Brad stopped humming long enough to lean in towards my ear and whisper "One zero on your report card and you get expelled! She must be nuts!" sharply.
"I may be old," Mrs. Elder began, making us all jump, "But I am not deaf, and my mind reading abily serves me well. I am perfectly sane, Mr. Parkinson! Now, if you would be so kind, pass out these papers informing the class on our project."
The tips of Brad's ears turned red. He stopped humming. "Yes ma'm." He murmered, and then lumbered to the front of the class to get the papers.
"Thank you, Mr. Parkinson." She said. "Now, who knows what the temperature ranges for eggs to hatch are?"

Lunch.
Finally, finally, FINAAAAALY! I really wanted to try that VSVS OBSC again and finish my homework. I absolutly hate it. Why can't teachers just leave the torture at school? Of course, I lived at school, technically, so I guess that piont is moot.
Isn't moot a funny word? I hate when books tell me to look stuff up, and I never do it anyway, so I'll tell you. It means unsignificant. And no, I will not tell you the meaning of significant if you don't know it. Once is enough!
"HEY! Maddie? Anybody home?" Gaby was looking at me expectantly.
"Oh..Uhhh...what?" I said inteligently. She rolled her eyes. "What smoothie do you want?"
"Black Cherry." I decided. I just love cherry. And vanilla. But a vanilla smoothie is boring.
"Kay." She grabbed a bottle of that and a strawberry one. "Conner?"
"Pinapple."
Gaby got that too and handed it to over. We sat down by the glass wall this time, and I drank mine without hesitation.
Brad started humming something vaguely familliar. It was the same tune he hummed in Science, before Mrs. Elder busted him for calling her a quack. "What song is that?" I asked
"It's the Copa Cabanna. My roomate sang it in his sleep ALL night long. It's been stuck in my head all day!" He said angerly. "I hate it, too."
"Haha." Conner laughed. "I know the song." He launched into it. "At the copa...copa cabanna! The hottest..."
A death glare brom Brad shut him up.
"Well, I've never heard the song." Gaby said, taking a sip from her bottle. "I don't like old music that much."
"Consider yourself lucky." Brad said. "Where should we meet to do our homework after this?"
"How about the front lawn?" Conner asked. He shot his empty bottle at the trashcan. Score!
"Sounds like a plan." Gaby drowned her OBSC and shot it strait into the trashcan right after Conner's. "You guys in?"
"Yeah." Brad and I said. We both shot. His went in. I missed...by a long shot.
Typical. At leat the bottle didn't break. Magic is cool that way.

The homework we had been assigned was to fill out a worksheet about ourselves for English, and to answer some questions for Science. So, after meeting on the lawn, we agreed to tackle Science first.
"What eggshell is the hardest to break?" I read the first question aloud.
"...Ostridge?" Brad guessed. He was laying on his stomach on one of the benches, his book in front of him. He began flipping through it.
"Nice try." Conner said. "But it's gotta be a diamond dragons egg."
"There are dragons?" I exclaimed. "That's so cool! Why haven't I seen any?"
"They usually live up in caves in the mountians." Gaby answered. "Conner must be right. What's harder to break than diamonds?"
"Right." Brad spoke up. "And it says it right here." He pionted to a page in the book. "Next question. 'What shape are spirit eggs?' "
"Pyramid." Gaby answered.
Wow. I bet those are painful eggs to lay.
"What are spirit eggs?" Conner asked.
"They're..." Brad began reading from the book. " 'rare eggs that hatch into a kind of spirit that takes the shape of forest creatures.' "
"...And spirits are?" I asked
"Magic creatures that protect whatever enviroment they live in." Conner informed me. "If we hatch one, though, it would probably just protect it's owner, or something."
"Right." Boy, so much to learn. But we zipped passed the other questions and throught the English worksheet. Then it was time for electives. Everybody picked their classes before we came to VSVS. Gym on Tuesday, Art on Thursday, and Health on Friday were manditory. Monday and Wednesday were ours. I had picked a Modern Vampire Culture class to get more in the know, and an extra Art class. I love art as much as I love cherries.
"What do you guys have?" I wanted to know.
"Today...Basketball." Gaby said. "Isn't it the coolest mortal sport out there?"
"And Conner and I have classes to help discover improve our special ability." Brad said. "What do you have?"
"None of your classes." I sighed. If only I had a special ability. Most vampires get one. Some are cool, like Mrs. Elder's mind reading ability. Most are normal, like stronger magic or the ability to open warp holes anywhere. But still, I wanted one. Badly.
"So, what do you have?" Conner asked.
"I have Modern Vampire Culture class." Wow, that was a mouthful. And it sounded really lame when you said it. From now on I'll be calling it MVC, in my mind anyway. I turned back to Conner and Brad. "But I'll see you guys later?"
"Yeah. See ya." They waved bye and Gaby walked with me to MVC, since the sports court was on the way. There were only three other people in the class, and they were all Third Graders. Big surprise.
I took my seat and listened to the teacher. He was Mr. Fleegle, the 200 pound, balding-but-hiding-it-with-a-comb-over sumo-robot man vampire thing. At least, that what he seemed to be. He talked in a dull monotone, and kept sprinkling his sentences with, "Um," "Uh," "And that's why." He also kept repeating himself, as if we were too stupid to comprehend what he said the first time. I mean, seriously, I'm thirteen and just used the word comprehend in a sentance, and explained the word moot earlier today. Do I look like I need to hear your name ten times to understand it?
Don't answer that. Forget I even said it.

*Motivating words of the day. Kind of snaps you back to reality, doesn't it?
alliance
alliance
오, 베이비
오, 베이비

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasm Wed 18 Nov 2009, 16:19

oh lol. that's what mvc is.
phantasm
phantasm
admin.
admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by alliance Wed 18 Nov 2009, 16:22

...yes .____.
alliance
alliance
오, 베이비
오, 베이비

Back to top Go down

Post by Chab Wed 18 Nov 2009, 18:06

A bit more humor in this chapter. =P Lul whipped cream stuffs. Though when I got to the asterisk, I decided I'd wait til the end to see what it referred to, and then forgot about it, then found it at the end, and took a moment to scroll back up and figure out where that was. XD
Chab
Chab
非常にクール
非常にクール

Back to top Go down

Post by alliance Wed 18 Nov 2009, 19:03

i actually did that too. O.o haha, i put it in when i wrote that part, and then when i got to the end of writting it and saw it, i was like 'what is this?!?' im kinda spacey...8D
alliance
alliance
오, 베이비
오, 베이비

Back to top Go down

Post by Chab Wed 18 Nov 2009, 19:17

There's also a big gap between the two. XD
Chab
Chab
非常にクール
非常にクール

Back to top Go down

Post by alliance Wed 18 Nov 2009, 19:21

psh. that's just so you can have fun scrolling.... wheee!
alliance
alliance
오, 베이비
오, 베이비

Back to top Go down

Post by Chab Wed 18 Nov 2009, 19:23

WHOOSH. =O
Chab
Chab
非常にクール
非常にクール

Back to top Go down

Post by alliance Thu 19 Nov 2009, 16:00

WHOOSH/SKADOOSH!
(the best of all onomonapias!)
alliance
alliance
오, 베이비
오, 베이비

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasm Thu 19 Nov 2009, 17:05

grats mad! you know how to rhyme!
phantasm
phantasm
admin.
admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chab Thu 19 Nov 2009, 18:33

Douche rhymes with Skadoosh. >.> (omgjokekill) ...BUBUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE SKADOOSH SYNONYMOUS TO DOUCHES, NOT AS AN INSULT OR THE ACTUAL THING! O.O;;...wait, what am I talking about? XD
Chab
Chab
非常にクール
非常にクール

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasm Thu 19 Nov 2009, 19:56

lmfao. nice.
phantasm
phantasm
admin.
admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chab Thu 19 Nov 2009, 19:59

Lulul. =D
Chab
Chab
非常にクール
非常にクール

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasm Thu 19 Nov 2009, 20:00

alright so now it's time to bug maddie to write another chapter ;~;
phantasm
phantasm
admin.
admin.